How We Defend Clients Against State Criminal Charges
At Bulloch, Fly, Hornsby & Evans PLLC Attorneys at Law, in Murfreesboro, we are an established law firm with a reputation for defending individuals throughout Middle Tennessee who are facing serious criminal charges.
Our leading criminal defense lawyer, Luke A. Evans, has vast experience trying felony cases in state and appellate courts throughout Tennessee.
Mr. Evans has tried multiple murder cases, having been designated by the Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts as qualified to handle murder cases where the death penalty is sought.
Our Cases Involving Significant Media Attention
The firm and Mr. Evans has also received significant media attention for our work defending high-profile cases, involving:
- A police officer charged with the attempted grave robbery of Elvis Presley
- Several groundbreaking “shaken baby” cases
- A man accused of being hired to kill the attorney of Jim Jones of Guyana massacre infamy
- The accused in the McGill double murder
- The Jones Locker murder case
Our Criminal Defense Practice
With extensive experience and resources, we defend individuals facing every kind of state crimes, such as:
- DUI: We often represent professionals facing license suspension or revocation and college students arrested for first-time DUI or multiple-offense DUI.
- Criminal traffic violations: From vehicular homicide to reckless driving, we represent individuals facing all types of serious traffic citations.
- Drug charges: Our firm defends against individuals facing possession, trafficking, cultivation, or manufacturing or marijuana, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine or prescription drugs.
- Homicide: We handle first-degree murder, second-degree murder, reckless homicide and vehicular homicide cases.
- Other violent crimes: We defend against assault, battery, domestic violence, stalking, resisting arrest and similar offenses.
- Sex crimes: We represent those facing rape, sexual assault, prostitution offenses, solicitation, lewd conduct.
- Juvenile offenses: We defend minors charged with shoplifting, underage drinking, sexual offenses, internet crimes and other juvenile offenses.
- Weapons charges: Our firm represents those facing charges involving carrying a handgun without a permit, assault with a deadly weapon and armed robbery.
- Property crimes: We defend against property offenses involving burglary, theft, embezzlement and credit card fraud.
We also frequently represent individuals facing probation or parole violations, bench warrants and individuals who need help with record sealing or sex offender de-registration.
Our Goal: Minimize The Negative Impact
We are practitioners who have handled hundreds of different criminal defense cases. Our ultimate goal is to minimize the negative impact of criminal charges to our clients. We use our knowledge of the law and the system to strategize with you and mount a successful defense.
We have had charges dismissed and have also negotiated lesser charges with the prosecution in order to avoid jail or significant prison time.
In some cases, our clients have been able to avoid prison time and have received: diversion, education, drug and alcohol treatment programs, and other alternatives.