For a variety of reasons, many criminal defense lawyers don’t handle federal cases. Here’s why:
- Federal laws, rules and procedures are very complex
- The U.S. Attorney’s Office has high-quality personnel and tremendous financial recourses
- Those charged with federal offenses face a 95 percent chance of conviction
- Fines and prison sentences are more severe than in state courts
- Early parole is not an option
- Plea bargains are seldom offered
The Solution? Finding An Experienced, Reputable Criminal Defense Team.
Located in Murfreesboro, at Bulloch, Fly, Hornsby & Evans PLLC Attorneys at Law, we are a premier litigation firm with an established track record of achievement. Since 1975, we have built a reputation for handling serious cases for those in Middle Tennessee and throughout the state, including federal criminal defense involving:
- White collar crimes, including embezzlement, kickbacks, extortion, piracy, corporate fraud
- Fraud: health care and Medicare fraud, mortgage fraud, bank fraud, tax fraud, wire and mail fraud
- Weapons charges, including felon in possession, sale to a juvenile or felon, weapons used in connection with drug trade
- Federal drug crimes, including trafficking, manufacturing, distribution, cultivation, conspiracy, sale to a minor
- Money laundering in connection with other charges, such as drug trafficking, gambling, racketeering and many types of fraud
- Crimes of violence, including homicide, non-negligent manslaughter, aggravated assault, rape, robbery, burglary and kidnapping
- Racketeering, including wiretapping, organized crime activities and RICO cases
- Sex crimes, including child pornography, aggravated sexual abuse, repeat offenders, sexual exploitation of children, human trafficking, sexual abuse of a minor and sexual abuse resulting in death
More About Our Leading Criminal Defense Lawyer
Our leading criminal defense attorney, Luke Evans, has a record of success unmatched by many criminal defense attorneys. Mr. Evans has defended individuals accused of complex federal charges. From Hobbs Act violations to possession of a controlled substance in a protected area to marijuana growth operations — he has handled complex cases.
He has tried numerous cases before juries and received several acquittals. Most recently, he received a not guilty verdict for an individual accused of sex trafficking.
Luke Evans is a member of the Criminal Justice Act (CJA) panel of the Eastern and Middle Districts of Tennessee, a select group of attorneys appointed to handle federal criminal cases in those districts.
He is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Middle, Eastern and Western Districts of Courts of Tennessee and the United States Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit.
Mr. Evans has been recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star and The National Trial Lawyers has also listed him as one of the top 100 trial lawyers in his region.
A Thorough Understanding Of Your Constitutional Rights
Federal charges very often rely on wiretap evidence, coconspirator statement evidence and evidence obtained from confidential sources.
However, the United States Constitution provides for protections to those facing charges. Luke Evans has extensive knowledge of the Constitution, particularly 4th, 5th and 6th amendments involved with these types of cases.
Many of his cases have been dismissed because he was able to prove authorities illegally seized evidence or utilized unlawful wiretapping procedures.
Using Our Experience And knowledge To Seek The Best Possible Result
When your freedom is in jeopardy, be cautious of cheap criminal defense fees or promises of quick resolutions.
At Bulloch, Fly, Hornsby & Evans PLLC, our track record speaks for itself. We utilize skilled investigators, experts and specialists, and have the resources to fight to get you the best possible result.
If you or a loved one is facing any of the above federal criminal charges and are serious about protecting your future, contact us to find out how our team can help.
You can also send us a confidential email.