Civil Litigation

You Are Here:
Home » Family Law » Fathers’ Rights & Parental Alienation

Fathers’ Rights & Parental Alienation

Many fathers assume that the mother has the upper hand in a divorce, custody or parental rights proceeding.

While this may have been true in the past, this is not the practice today. Tennessee family law courts look at what is in the best interest of the child — and this is commonly accomplished when both parents are involved in the child’s life.

Whether you are anxious to protect your parental rights during divorce or seeking to establish paternity of your child and gain rights, you need an attorney who understands how to advocate on your behalf.

Experienced, Established Firm Protecting Fathers During Family Law Conflicts

At Bulloch, Fly, Hornsby & Evans PLLC Attorneys at Law, in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, we are an established Tennessee law firm with extensive experience handling high-conflict family law matters. We often represent fathers, both in divorce and paternity proceedings, who are seeking a legal advocate.

Together, attorneys Brad Hornsby and Luke Evans have handled hundreds of family law cases throughout the state of Tennessee.

Our team has decades of collective negotiation and litigation experience and is adept at handling high-conflict situations.

Some of our lawyers have been recognized as a Super Lawyer and voted top 100 trial lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers, an association made up of a select group of attorneys who have exhibited stringent skill sets in the practice of law.

Let us fight to protect or establish your relationship with your children.

Establishing Paternity For Nonmarried Fathers

If you are not married to the mother of your children and you wish to assume rights over your child, you will need to take a paternity test to establish that you are the biological father of your child.

Once you have done so, you can then seek rights to custody, visitation and the right to make legal decisions for your child.

Parental Alienation

It is not uncommon for a mother to try to turn the children against the father, usually by telling them lies or giving them information that they are too young to understand. This is known as parental alienation. Tennessee family law courts will not hesitate to take appropriate action if suspected actions are taking place.

If you suspect your children’s mother is attempting to alienate you from your child, turn to our legal team. We can help advocate for your rights and stop such conduct from continuing.

Schedule An Appointment Today

We invite you to schedule an appointment with one of our lawyers today to talk about your situation and what you’d like to accomplish.

Representing fathers in Middle Tennessee and all across the state.

Local 615-896-4154 | Toll-free 800-673-1947