Bulloch, Fly, Hornsby & Evans PLLC Attorneys at Law

Can you receive spousal support after a divorce?

It may be less common in today's modern age, but there are times when one spouse provides financial support for the entire family.

If this is the case and the marriage ends in divorce, the person who did not work may find him- or herself facing a variety of financial challenges.

While there is no guarantee you will receive spousal support as a result of your divorce, you need to learn more about this benefit and when it comes into play. Some of the factors that a family law court will consider include:

-- The length of the marriage

-- The standard of living during the marriage

-- The sacrifices made by the person who did not work, such as staying home to raise a child

-- Non-financial contributions

-- Any disabilities, physical or mental, that hindered the person's ability to work

At our law firm, we know just how challenging it can be to request and receive spousal support. We also know that this is more than possible if you take the right steps as the divorce process moves forward.

While you may not be able to receive permanent spousal support, there is a good chance that you can receive this while you search for employment or receive an education that will allow you to work in the future.

If you are seeking spousal support during a divorce case, you need to know the law, set realistic expectations, and understand what's available to you. This will go a long way in helping you put your divorce in the past.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Bulloch, Fly, Hornsby & Evans PLLC Attorneys At Law
302 North Spring Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Toll Free: 800-673-1947
Map & Directions

Mailing Address:
Mailing Address
PO Box 398
Murfreesboro, TN 37133

Toll Free: 800-673-1947

  • g plus