We Can Help Protect Your Rights As A Father

Many fathers assume that the mother has the upper hand in a divorce, custody or parental rights proceeding. While this may have been true in the past, courts currently make it a priority to protect the rights and interests of both parents. Whether you are anxious to protect your parental rights during divorce or seeking to establish paternity of your child and gain rights, you need an attorney who understands how to advocate on your behalf.

Protecting The Rights Of Fathers During Family Law Conflicts And Divorce

At Bulloch, Fly, Hornsby & Evans PLLC, we are experienced in representing fathers both in divorce proceedings and in establishing paternity. We will create a strategy for protecting your fathers' rights. We are prepared to litigate, if need be, to protect these rights and the relationship you have with your children.

Whether you are married to your child's mother or not, you have rights as a father. Our firm is committed to helping you establish and exercise those rights and protect your relationship with your child. Call our law offices today at 800-673-1947. We represent fathers throughout Murfreesboro and Tennessee.

If you are not married to the mother of your children, you will need to take a paternity test to establish that you are the biological father of your child. Once you have done so, you can then seek fathers' rights. This includes custody or visitation, as well as some degree of decision making authority.

With these rights comes a responsibility to pay child support. We will help you understand the amount that will be required, based on the child support formula.

It is important that you show that you have made a concerted effort to spend time with your child and support him or her. These are factors that the judge will take into account when granting visitation or custody.

Parental Alienation

It is not uncommon for a mother to try to turn the children against the father, usually by telling them lies or giving them information that they are too young to understand. This is not allowed and a family law judge will take appropriate action to prevent it from happening. If you suspect that your children's mother is trying to turn them against you, we will help you prove that this is happening and advocate that the court stop it from happening.